Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Oatmeal

I am a big fan of oatmeal. I love to eat so I like the idea of sitting down with a big bowl of something & mixing in all kinds of toppings. My typical oatmeal recipe is:

1/2 cup of unsweetened vanilla Silk
1/2 cup of water
1/2 cup of dry rolled oats
1 egg white
Cinnamon (I use a lot!)
2 tablespoons of sugar-free maple syrup
Stevia (to taste)
1 tablespoon of Chia seeds
Fruit (cut up apple, banana, berries, whatever you prefer)

Pour half cup of milk & half cup of water in a pot on the stove & bring to a boil. Mix in the oats & cook for about 5 minutes until liquid is evaporated. Mix in the egg white, fluffing with a fork. Put it in your favorite bowl, then mix in the rest of the ingredients. This is only 5 Points Plus! Oatmeal is great because you can play with it & make it taste however you want. Sometimes I will mix in sunflower seed butter, raisins, honey, etc, depending on what I am in the mood for and how many points I want to use. The recipe listed is my "go-to recipe" because it is yummy & low in points!




3 comments:

  1. congrats lauren! i want to try a few of these recipes! it looks like you are doing great- so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maryann! Now, I need to get my butt into shape my going to one of your Zumba classes! I have the Zumba DVDs at home but I look and feel ridiculous doing them.. I have no rhythm lol

      Delete