Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Green Smoothie

Don't knock it until you try it! I was on Pinterest and saw a smoothie recipe by Paula Deen. I figured if Paula created it, it must be good! At first, I was a little skeptical about blending up Kale and Spinach with fruit, but the smoothie sounded so healthy and refreshing I just had to try it. Plus, it is only 1 Points Plus per serving! Here is the link to Paula Deen's original recipe:
Paula Deen's Good Morning Green Smoothie

I altered the recipe using ingredients I had it my refrigerator and freezer and it came out delicious! Try it out guys... I think you will be pleasantly surprised!


  • 8.45 fl ounces of coconut water (I used this specific amount because I bought it in single serving juice box style.. but you can use more or less)
  • 1 1/2 cups Dole Frozen Wildly Nutritious Signature Blends "Tropical Fruit" (the bag contains pieces of pineapple, strawberries, mango, banana, and papaya)
  • 2 cups of baby spinach 
  • Water (as much as you need to loosen it all up & make it your desired consistency)
*Just a little side note... Coconut water is really good for hydration. I definitely do not drink enough water & struggle with hydrating myself so I really like how this smoothie incorporates coconut water. Also, spinach has some great health benefits like providing your body with lots of fiber, vitamins & antioxidants. All in all, this smoothie is healthy, delicious & a great 1 Points Plus snack! 


1 comment: