Friday, February 8, 2013

Chia Seeds

Is anyone else obsessed with chia seeds? I buy the organic black chia seeds from Whole Foods and put them on EVERYTHING. I mix them in my yogurt and oatmeal. I sprinkle them on my salad. I mix them in my water. I absolutely love them. I even baked oatmeal chia seed cookies! Now, if you have never heard of chia seeds... look them up! They have some great health benefits. They help you lose weight because they hold 9x their weight in water (filling you up for awhile). They also help balance your blood sugar, are full of healthy omega 3 and 6 fatty acids as well as calcium and they give you lots of energy. One tablespoon is only one Weight Watchers Points Plus value. I would definitely recommend for EVERYONE to have chia in their diet! About a week ago I baked these oatmeal chia seed cookies. They were pretty good for being healthy and only costing me 2 Points Plus each. I did not have chocolate covered pomegranate seeds so I substituted them for dark chocolate chips. I also made the cookies smaller so this recipe made 34 cookies. I think the only thing I would change would be to add some more flavor to it like using agave syrup or honey next time. Nonetheless, I am always a fan of healthy, low point desserts! 

Oatmeal Chia Seed Cookie Recipe


2 comments:

  1. I liked them just the way you made them. To me they were sweet enough.

    ReplyDelete