Saturday, April 13, 2013

Flourless Peanut Butter Treats

I have a huge sweet tooth and it has definitely rubbed off on my husband. We love sweets but we try to be healthy about it so I am always on the hunt for dessert/snack recipes that have minimal amounts of sugar or are sweetened naturally. I stumbled upon this blog and felt like I hit the jackpot with these two recipes! Not only did I find two delicious recipes, but both are made with peanut butter... and we are big fans are peanut butter in this house!

The first one I made was called Flourless Peanut Butter Banana Muffins. These were delicious! I used chunky peanut butter because I like crunch in my food, but you could use smooth & add other things in like fruit or jam. These make a great snack and are 5 Points Plus each.

The second recipe I made was called Flourless Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Blondies. These got rave reviews from my family! My husband loved them and my father-in-law (who can be a picky eater when it comes to sugary treats) could not get enough! The combination of peanut butter, honey, and dark chocolate chips was just right. I would suggest using your favorite peanut butter and your favorite honey (not the cheap stuff) because both tastes are pretty strong on this recipe. These are high in points due to all of the peanut butter but still a great treat! If you cut the blondies into 20 pieces they will be 5 Points Plus a piece.

Detoxinista has some other great recipes that I can not wait to try!

No comments:

Post a Comment