Friday, April 26, 2013

Mini Oatmeal Banana Muffins

I am currently obsessed with breakfast cookies. I love oatmeal and I love cookies, so mixing up some oats with other great ingredients then shaping them into cookie form is a winner in my book!

I am pretty much a fan of any food that is mini and portable so I decided to get some ideas from a few breakfast cookie recipes that I had on hand and tweak them to make my own mini muffins! They came out great! They are not only cute & delicious, but are really simple to make and pretty versatile because you can use any flavor oatmeal and whatever add-ins you want. Here is what I came up with:

2 large ripe bananas
2 packs of BetterOats, Blueberry Muffin Flavored Oatmeal (Use whatever flavor you like!)
1 egg
Brown sugar (to sprinkle on top of each muffin)

Mash bananas in a bowl. Add the oatmeal and egg and mix until well combined (I did this in a medium bowl with a spoon.. no need to dirty your mixer). Spoon mixture into mini muffin pan then sprinkle with brown sugar. Bake at 350 degrees for 12 minutes. Remove from oven, cool slightly and enjoy!

This recipe made 22 mini muffins.
1 muffin = 0 PPV
2 muffins = 1 PPV
3 muffins = 1 PPV
4 muffins = 2 PPV
5 muffins = 2 PPV

*PPV means Points Plus Value



No comments:

Post a Comment