Saturday, May 25, 2013

Chocolate Sunflower Seed Rice Crispy Treats

I came up with this recipe by accident. I had an idea of what I wanted, but I pretty much just took out a few ingredients from my pantry and produced this delicious treat! I call it Chocolate Sunflower Seed Rice Crispy Treats. My favorite part of these is the texture. I love the crunch of the rice crispies enveloped by the smooth chocolate and sunflower seed butter mixture. I initially made these for myself as a special snack for the times I crave something chocolaty but my husband took one bite and now they are almost all gone! Here is what you will need:

1 cup of crispy rice cereal
2 oz of dark chocolate
1/2 cup of sunflower seed butter
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1/2 tsp of vanilla extract

Melt chocolate over medium/low heat on the stove. Mix in sunflower seed butter, vanilla and powdered sugar until well combined. Remove from heat and add crispy rice cereal. Stir until cereal is completely covered in chocolate/seed butter mixture. Press into an 8 x 5 glass pan and refrigerate or freeze until firm. Cut into 14 squares and enjoy for only 2 Points Plus each! I personally enjoy eating these right out of the freezer :)



No comments:

Post a Comment